Do you love hearing people comment on how awesome the dish you brought to the party is? I know I do! These delicious Bacon Wrapped Dates will delight your tastebuds with the rich sweetness from the dates contrasted by savory, salty bacon.
I’m exited to share this recipe with you because it’s kinda become my “thing.” I always bring my ” Dates” ;) to parties and secretly I can’t wait to hear, “oh my gosh, these are so good! Who brought these?!”
Now that my secret is out …
Not only are these delicious, they are SO EASY to make! I recommend getting the Uncured Bacon from Trader Joe’s because it is nitrate and nitrite free. You can also pick up a package of their Fancy Medjool Dates there, too. It ends up being analmost perfect ratio (sometimes there are a few dates left over that you can use in another recipe).
But wait, there’s more! These are also pretty healthy! So they have a high sugar content, but the protein and fat in the bacon helps slow down the absorption of the sugar into your bloodstream allowing it to disperse and digest normally. Dr. Mercola shares these various health benefits:
- First and foremost, dates are easily digested, allowing your body to make full use of their goodness.
- Dates contain 6.4-11.5% of fiber which helps move waste through your colon and helps prevent LDL (bad) cholesterol absorption by binding with cancer-causing chemicals in your body.
- Dates contain iron, potassium, B-vitamins, Vitamins A and K, copper, magnesium, manganese, niacin, pantothenic acid and riboflavin.
- Together these factors help your body better metabolize carbohydrates, protein, and fats. Eating dates in moderation can contribute to many additional health benefits including stroke prevention, protecting against damage to cells from free radicals, as well as less chance of coronary heart disease and the development of colon, prostate, breast, endometrial, lung, and pancreatic cancers.
I hope you will feel good about serving this delicious and nutritious appetizer at your next social gathering!
- 1 package fancy Medjool dates from Trader Joe’s
- 1 package uncured bacon from Trader Joe’s (nitrate/nitrite-free)
Bacon Wrapped Dates - Bring a Hot "Date" to Your Next Party!
- 1 package fancy Medjool dates from Trader Joe's
- 1 package uncured bacon from Trader Joe's nitrate/nitrite-free
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove bacon from package and cut the bacon in half. Each piece will be the perfect length to wrap around the dates.
- Remove the pits from the dates by gently pulling apart the date to split nearly in half. Try not to break the date all the way into two pieces. Discard pits.
- Wrap each pitted date in the pieces of cut bacon and place on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet. Repeat until all dates are wrapped.
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes or until bacon becomes crisp.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Let's Eat!